Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! Ours was wonderful. The weather was phenomenal. Seventy degrees in Utah on October 31 was record-breaking. We had dinner outside and no coats or even jackets were needed. In fact Max came back from trick or treating a little sweaty in his Harry Potter robe. That’s a first!
Mary wouldn’t pose for a picture so here I am trying to get her to smile in the photo of all the kids!:) She also traded out her Tinkerbell costume for a…well…we are calling it a carnival girl (its last years dance costume.)
My kids have returned home with oodles of candy this Halloween. It’s our first Halloween since Mary, my 2-year-old, was diagnosed with a deadly peanut allergy. We were consulted by the allergists to have a peanut free home. No food with peanuts enters our home. So this year we are sorting through the candy and putting anything with peanuts or traces of peanuts up in a cupboard to be eaten when Mary is away or asleep. Someday she will understand why she can’t eat certain foods and we won’t have to try to protect her constantly.
Trick-or-treat bag emptied:
Candy Mary CAN’T eat:
Her siblings are very overprotective. Claire was so worried that she asked at every house if the candy had peanuts in them.
I wonder how Mary will feel about Halloween as she gets older knowing she can’t eat a lot of the candy she gets.
Do you or your kids have allergies? This is a new world to us.
Posted by Andrea