This post goes out to my many male followers, oh wait I mean for that one man who possibly reads this blog! I must admit that last year I signed up for Pinterest wanting to check it out and stayed on for maybe two weeks before getting off after overload of hairdos, women’s fashion, scrumptious recipes, and more girly things than maybe I have ever seen in my life. Notice how I didn’t say anything about all the great home decor and architecture pins because I dig those. I let some time pass and then signed up again and haven’t regretted it since.
Goal number 6 on my list of goals for 2012: Get more guys to sign up for Pinterest. Why you might ask? Here are a few reasons:
1. In less than two years since it launched, Pinterest has gone from being a little-known start-up site to one of the 10 most popular social networks. That alone should make you want to check it out.
2. It’s brilliant, completely brilliant. Pinterest lets you organize and share your favorite things, whatever that might be.
3. Next you can browse pinboards created by other people to get other ideas and inspiration on whatever you are doing.
4. Ever had trouble figuring out what makes women tick. Here is the answer my friends. Follow your wife, girlfriend, mother, sister, female co-worker’s pin boards and you will know exactly what she wants, likes, and can’t live without. It’s fool-proof.
5. Finally because the girls are right this time and we should follow suite.
There are five simple reasons why you (male reader) or for our female readers your husband, boyfriend, brother or dad should get on Pinterest. Now maybe you need some suggestions of what you would pin if hypothetically speaking you (male reader) were to take the plunge and join. Here is a list that might help:
1. Home Repair Projects
2. Workout Routines (what is more manly than that!)
3. Hilarious Photos or Videos
4. Cool Gadgets and Tools
5. Sports Facts
6. Cars and Everything Automotive
7. Hot Women (for the single guys, right?)
9. Best Graphic Tees Around
10. Work Projects
There you have it, my name is Greg and I do have a Pinterest account. There I admit it. Check out my pinboards if you want! And for you (male reader) if you want an invite to join shoot me a comment below and I will send it to you. Happy pinning! Don’t forget to check out my wife’s pinboards as well.
Posted by Greg